The councils, formed as part of the Councils Act of 1912, administer the Canary Islands and have two principal functions. On one hand, they perform services for the Autonomous Community, and on the other, they are the local government centre for the island.
The “CABILDOS” (Councils) are assortments of government, organization and representation of every island, and foundations of the Canary Islands.
They are what might as well be called the Provincial Councils of the Peninsula, however with the idiosyncrasy that its individuals are chosen by the individuals in elections.
The Cabildo of Fuerteventura has the following powers
The coordination of city administrations on the island to guarantee complete and suitable procurement for the whole island domain, supplying to neighborhood chambers when deficient assets obstruct the procurement of metropolitan administrations obliged or open capacities, built up in LBRL.
Help and lawful collaboration, monetary and specialized help to regions, particularly those from lower financial and administration limit.
The procurement of open administrations supra.
Affirm Plans Island Works and Services are created with the City Councils of every island. To this end, districts complete the proposed works identifying with the region, which may not be altered by the chamber concerned, aside from great reason and in the wake of listening to the gathering concerned.
The advancement and organization of special interests on the island
Law 14/1990 of July 26 Legal Regime of Public Administrations of the Canaries, exchanged to the committees the accompanying forces:
- Territorial demarcations, alteration of terms and names of municipalities, on the advice of the Advisory Council of the Canary Islands.
- Functions of the Agricultural Extension Agents.
- Experimental farms.
Forest Services, riding trails and pastures.
- Aquaculture and mariculture.
- Management and conservation of natural areas protected under the provisions of existing regional legislation.
- Rural infrastructure insular character.
- Subrogation municipal powers on urban planning in accordance with the provisions of the legislation in place.
- Roads except those declared of regional interest, under the directive of the regional sectoral legislation. On the roads of regional interest, exploitation, use and defense and penalty system.
- The management of ports of refuge and sports, unless they are declared of regional interest.
- Hydraulic than regional or general interest, maintenance and policing of hydraulic works and water management insular land in the terms established by regional sectoral legislation.
- Road transport and cable. Railways, under which it holds regional sectoral regulations.
- Fairs and markets island.
- Police shows.
- Police Promotion and island tourism, except the powers of inspection and punishment.
- Police housing.
- Conservation and management of public housing park.
- Managing student residences established on the island.
- The promotion of culture, sports, occupation, leisure and recreation in the insular area.
- The conservation and management of historic and artistic heritage island.
- Museums, libraries and archives will not reserve for itself the region.
- Building craftsmanship.
- Social assistance and social services.
- Consumer protection.
- Animal health sanitation campaigns.
The Cabildo of Fuerteventura has fourteen Ministries:
- Water & Waste.
- Get-togethers, Health, Housing and Immigration.
- Society and Art Heritage.
- Economy and Finance and New Technologies.
- Instruction and Youth.
- Industry, Emergy, Classified Activities and Public Events.
- Framework and Planning.
- Environment, Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries.
- President, Sports and Game.
- Gallery Network, Business, Trades, Institutional Relations with different governments.
- Inner Affairs, Personnel and Heritage.
- Wellbeing and Emergencies.
- Transport and Communications.